How to Remove Splat Hair Dye – Two Ways to Get Instant Results
Ah, the majestic world of beauty — full of magical things like make up products, skin care essentials, hair styling products among a whole lot of others. If you are a beauty obsessed girl like who uses beauty products as a form of art and self-expression then chances are you have also turned to splat hair dye or color as a way to express who you are, but do you know how to remove splat hair dye?
Whether in the past, in the present or you are just thinking of it, there’s a big possibility you’re using splat hair dye. After all, they give your hair a vivid color. However, there may come a time that you want to remove it. That said, in this article, I give you the antidote.
How to Remove Splat Hair Dye
In this article, I will be tackling two ways you can use to remove splat hair dye. And in this section, I will list the materials needed for the respective methods.
What You Need
- Olive oil
This ingredient is typically used as a cooking ingredient. However, for this method, it will be used as to prep your hair. Basically, this is a liquid fat obtained from olives.
- Hair Conditioner
This is a hair care product that is used to to smoothen out your hair and generally change the texture. Structurally speaking, a hair conditioner is a viscous liquid that you apply and massage onto your for best results.
- Clarifying Shampoo
For those of you who are confused, clarifying shampoo is basically just like any other shampoo product out there. It cleanses and helps get rid of the dirt. The difference is a clarifying shampoo does not just cleanse but deep cleanses.
- Step 1: For the first step, you will need to prep your hair with the use of olive oil. Get a generous amount of the product and apply it onto your hair and scalp. Make sure the amount of product is really generous and that your hair is soaking in it. Do this for over five to ten minutes.
- Step 2: Next, you are going to have to provide your hair with some heat. To do this, you will either be needing a hair dryer or a heat cap. Any will do just as fine. Make sure all sections your hair are warmed thoroughly before you proceed to the next step.
- Step 3: For this step, you will be needing to soak your hair in conditioner, next. However, just to be specific, only the lengths of your hair should be soaked in the conditioning product. You have to leave your scalp be. Make sure you apply a generous amount onto the lengths of your hair.
- Step 4: For step four, you need to do the same thing as what you did in step two. Just heat your hair thoroughly.
- Step 5: Now this step may take a little longer than the others. For this step, you need warm water. First, just pour a little amount to the lengths of your hair, not too much, but just enough to cause your hair to foam up. Then you may proceed to lathering it up for over five to ten minutes.
- Step 6: Next, you may pour some more water onto your hair while still slowly massaging and lathering up your hair. Then rinse it off completely before applying another round of conditioner. After that, rinse off with water.
- Step 7: Lastly, you need to cleanse your hair with either a clarifying shampoo or an anti-dandruff shampoo. Massage the product onto your hair for about ten minutes before rinsing the product off.
- Vitamin C Tablets
As you can see, the word tablet is in plural form. This means that you will be needing more than just one Vitamin C tablet. No, you will not be consuming or taking this in. Instead, you will crush them which will be explained further later.
- Shampoo or Conditioner
For the second method, you may opt to choose either shampoo or conditioner. As stated above, shampoo is used to cleanse and get rid of dirt. Meanwhile, a conditioner is used to change the texture of your hair.
- Warm Water
For this method, you will be needing a water that is of high temperature. However, keep in mind the word warm. You don’t want to use water that is too hot.
- Step 1: Assemble a bundle of your Vitamin C tablets. You may use a mortar and pestle for this step. Using them, you will have to crush the tablets into powder. If the materials stated are not available, you may use a spoon as well.
- Step 2: Mix the powdered Vitamin C with your clarifying shampoo or conditioner of choice.
- Step 3: Apply the mixture onto your hair. Just like in the first method, just apply it onto the lengths of the hair. Massage it onto the lengths thoroughly and leave it on for about an hour.
- Step 4: After soaking it for an hour, you may rinse off the product with the use of warm water.
- Step 5: After rinsing it off, you need to apply some conditioner, next, to smoothen out the texture of your hair. Massage for about ten minutes.
- Step 6: Dry your hair with the use of soft towels. Go at it gently. Remember that you should not dry your hair aggressively.
- For the first method, there is a part in which you will have to use a hair dryer or a heat cap to heat or dry your hair. However, in the event that both of these equipments are not available, you may opt to use plastic wrap or cling film and some towels. Just wrap your hair in these and leave it on for over half an hour.
- We concluded the first method with the shampooing step. However, at the end, you may also opt to choose to condition your hair after rinsing the shampoo off your hair. You may use any conditioning product for this one. Just be sure to massage the product well onto the hair and to leave it for around ten minutes for best results.
- You can apply this tip both methods. If you are unable to get instant access to a clarifying shampoo, you may opt to choose an anti-dandruff shampoo. For the second method in which you have to choose either a clarifying shampoo or a conditioning product, you may opt to use anti-dandruff shampoo, as an alternative.
In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that there are two possible methods in which you can remove your splat hair dye. While it is very beautiful, sometimes we just want to regain our natural hair color. Just to recap, the first method entails the use of olive oil, warm water, hair dryer, a clarifying shampoo and a conditioning product, as well. Meanwhile, the second method involves vitamin C tablets, warm water, and some shampoo or conditioner, as well.