Best Primer for Oily Skin and Large Pores: Top 5 Picks on The Market
Have you ever wondered how celebrities achieve that smooth, poreless, and flawless look without their makeup ever looking worn down all throughout the day? The trick is knowing what is the best primer for oily skin and large pores. Having oily skin and those unpleasant large pores are two of the most known issues that have to be addressed when it comes to wanting that smooth, poreless, and flawless look.
There is a wide range of products available on the market today that can help you with these concerns. Be that as it may, you may be confused on which of them is the best. With this article, I will share with you the top 5 primers for oily skin and large pores I have discovered. Plus, interesting information about how to keep your skin looking smooth and flawless.
3.9 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches
0.8 x 1.8 x 4.6 inches
0.7 x 0.7 x 4.5 inches
Best Primer For Oily Skin And Large Pores
The bareMinerals Original Prime Time Foundation Primer is a product formulated to suit all types of skin. In addition to that, it has no preservatives, irritants or oil fragrance.
It is non-sticky and glides on your skin like silk. It also contains Vitamins C and E that helps nourish the skin together with other natural ingredients.It also helps lessen excess oil on the skin with its antioxidants and soothing plant extract formulation.
It effectively extends makeup wear and can work well even for mineral foundations. This product can cover rough patches, uneven texture, large pores, and the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Free from preservatives and irritants
- Contains plants extracts
- Silky formula
- With SPF15
The Hourglass Veil Mineral Makeup Primer is a silicone-based primer that is vegan-friendly and is free from oil, fragrance, and paraben. It is one of the favorites of makeup artists because of its ability to effectively minimizing pore appearance.
It is also known to cover up redness of the skin for that flawless look.Furthermore, the Hourglass Veil Mineral Makeup Primer contains Zinc Oxide and Titanium which are mineral-derived sunscreens that give a broad-spectrum protection but without the greasy feel.
It is lightweight and has a matte finish. In addition, it does not clog pores because of its airy, silk-like consistency.
- Matte finish
Designed to suit all skin types, the MAKEUP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer (1 Mattifying Primer) is another famous primer. It is formulated to leave the skin fresh looking even after hours while its firms, hydrates, and smoothes it.
It is lightweight but effectively increases the hold of your foundation making it last for long hours.The MAKEUP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer (1 Mattifying Primer) helps fight excess oil and reduce shine.
It also evens out the texture of the skin while hydrating it and keeping it moisturized. It has an exclusive Equalizer Technology that features Regeactive, Hyaluronic Acid, and Acti Tensor 3D that creates that perfect makeup canvas for the skin.
- Matte finish
- Acti Tensor 3D, Hyaluronic Acid, And Regeactive Technology
- Long-lasting makeup wear
Another silicone-based primer is the SMASHBOX Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It has a thicker consistency compared to other products but still retains that powdery, matte finish.
The SMASHBOX Photo Finish Foundation Primer works and blends well with liquid foundation giving you that smooth, silky look.It easily glides on the skin and effectively covers large pores, wrinkles, and fine lines.
Its formulation is colorless and has moisturizing properties as well. In addition to that, it quickly sets on the skin and helps for a long-lasting wear for your foundation. This primer is also designed to prevent clogging pores.
- Colorless formula
- Quick setting
- Powdery finish
Finally, we have the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. This primer is water-based giving you a lightweight feel to the skin as if you do not have any product on.
With its formulation, it works perfectly with water-based foundations and concealers. It helps reduce excess oil and has a matte finish.
The Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector is designed to absorb excess oil from the skin to keep it looking fresh and clean. It is also silicone and oil-free. It easy very easy to apply and also works well even when exposed to hot weather conditions.
It stays on your skin for an outstanding twelve hours.
- Control oil and reduces shine
- Matte finish
What You Need To Know About Primers
Previously, it will require several applications of foundation to cover up skin imperfection like wrinkles, pimple marks, scars, and many more. This can result in too much product weighing down your skin all day that can clog your pores and cause further irritation and skin issues. However, ever since then, primers have been discovered and make a tremendous change in the way makeup works.
Primers are now used as a base to even out and create a smooth skin in preparation for applying your foundation. It can hide pimple and acne marks as well as wrinkles and large pores. As a result, you will have the smooth, poreless, and flawless looking skin that makes wearing makeup even better.
The simple way of going through this process is to apply your moisturizer first followed by your primer and then your foundation.There are two types of primers, the first one being is the silicone-based primer. Silicone-based primers are thick and are ideal to smoothen pimple marks, wrinkles, and hide pores.
On the other hand, there is the water-based primer that offers the same but is lightweight and blends best with water-based or liquid foundations.
Tips And Tricks For Using Primers
- 1. Be sure the clean your face thoroughly before applying your primer. If in case you have oily skin, use a cleanser that is perfect for your skin type to avoid any build-up of sebum.
- 2. Making sure that excess oil is dealt with is profoundly important especially if you have large pores. Excess oil on skin reflects more light which emphasizes the indentations and skin imperfections. To prevent this from happening, pick a primer that has a powdery or matte finish to it.
- 3. When applying moisturizer, make sure that it is fully absorbed by the skin before applying your primer. Otherwise, your foundation will end up cakey by the end of the day.
- 4. Another principal purpose of primers is making your foundation stay longer. To have a successfully lasting foundation, it is best that you combine products with the same base. This means that if you are using a water-based primer, the perfect match for it is also a water-based foundation. This goes the same with silicone-based primers.
- 5. Primers are not meant to be rubbed on the skin. The correct application of primers is using your fingers and pressing or dabbing it unto your skin. In this way, your skin imperfections like scars, marks, and pores will be evened out.
- 6. Finally, observe how the particular product works on your skin. Every person’s skin is different and it is best that you pay close attention to how your skin will react with the product you are using.
Tips On How To Deal With Oily Skin
Oily skin is typically a hereditary issue. It is caused by an over-active sebaceous gland producing amounts of oil called sebum which on a relatively excessive level. However, overexposure of your skin to too much or various products can cause disruption of your skin’s natural balance which results in overproduction of oil.
Of course, there are steps you can take in order to deal with oily skin. Here are a few tips and tricks that you can try yourself if you have oily skin.
1. Limit washing your face to two times a day. Do not worry too much if in the latter part of the day your face starts to get oily again. Resist the urge going overboard when it comes to washing your face because this can trigger your skin to produce more oil since you are stripping away too much of it.
2. Choose a cleaner that can dissolve oil from your skin while deeply cleanses it. There are products available on the market that are specifically designed to get rid of excess oil and dirt.
3. Remember to use oil-free products on your skin. Go for products that are also non-comedogenic to make sure it does not clog your pores.
Tips On How To Deal With Large Pores
Another widely known skin issue is having skin with the appearance of large pores. It is true that when you were young you used to have that flawless, baby-like skin. However, as you age, your skin does too and pores become more noticeable. But there are also a few more factors that contribute to having large pores.
Aside from the apparent reason of aging, which is a result of collagen and elastin depleting on your skin, there is also the effect of the sun. Sun exposure weakens the skin structure and damages the walls of your pores. As a result, your pores appear larger and are more noticeable. Not taking proper care of your skin is also a culprit to having large pores.
This often causes clogged pores that can be seen easily.To minimize the appearance of large pores, a few easy tips include exfoliation, deep cleansing, and protecting. Do regular exfoliation for two to three times a week to get rid of clogged pores. Don’t just clean your face, do a deep cleansing to get rid of excess oil and unclog your pores from all the dirt.
Lastly, remember to always protect your skin. Use natural sunscreen, wear hats, sunglasses, and stay away from the sun during the hottest time of the day.
Ultimately, there is only one that stands out among the top five picks. I personally give the MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer (1 Mattifying Primer) the number spot for the best primer for oily skin and large pores. With its Equalizer Technology that features Regeactive, Hyaluronic Acid, and Acti Tensor 3D, it definitely makes looking smooth, poreless, and flawless easily achievable.
Furthermore, it stays on all day and keeps your skin looking fresh because of its matte finish.