Best Castor Oil Brand – Review of Top 5 Products 2018
Castor oil has long existed for as long as I can remember. Throughout history, it has been used for a variety of reasons. It has been used, both topically and internally, as a booster for the immune system of those that were sick. It also has been used as a booster for appearance and look of the hair. It has also proven to lower down any level of constipation.
Moreover and perhaps the most relevant role it plays as of the present is its ability to be used as an essential skin care product. This product is an example of a fatty acid which means it is formulated with numerous skincare benefits. In this article, I’ve rounded up 2017’s best castor oil brand plus a buying guide.
Best Castor Oil Brand Today
The Molivera Organics Castor Oil, from the name itself, is a premium 100% pure castor oil. It is a vegan product that utilizes a cold pressed method and is free from any sort or type of chemicals.
This product is formulated with a very high amount of antioxidants, vitamins and essential fatty acids that contain the most needed nutrients to hydrate and moisturize the skin.In fact, the Molivera Castor Oil is renowned for its anti-aging properties.
It has a formula that allows it to help reduce appearance and visibility of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging. Along with this is its ability to moisturize the skin and restore its youthful glow.
Moreover, this brand also has the ability to encourage and promote hair growth by increasing the flow of blood to the scalp.
- Volume: 16 oz
The Tropic Isle Black Castor Oil is mostly designed for the hair.
First, this product has the capability to cleanse the scalp and keep it free from any form of parasites or toxins that may potentially and possibly pose a threat to the scalp, may damage your hair and inevitably, slow down the growth of your hair.
Of course this product also stimulates and promote growth of hair. And more than just this, it has the capability to offer your hair a sort of protection that helps your hair lock in moisture.
This product is also characterized as being thick especially since it is pure but it does not come in a cream form. As an additional benefit, this product can be used as a hot oil product. Just make sure you have a heating cap.
- Volume: 8 oz
This organic Castor Oil product is pure and refined and has come all the way from farmers in India. As an organic product, this Castor Oil brand is infused with a heavy amount of vitamins and fatty acids.
It does not just offer hydrating and moisturizing benefits to your skin but also stimulates healthy growth of hair. One thing I absolutely loved about this product is that it is designed and created to be suitable for all skin types or hair types.
More than just those mentioned, it can also be used as a gloss and lip balm. It also helps get rid off dead skin cells. Since it is also perfect for any skin type, it can be used on sensitive skin types and also offers anti-aging benefits.
Moreover, this product also helps in getting rid of or minimizing visibility of stretch marks, if any.
- Volume: 16 oz
One of the things I really love about this product is that it is not just created to hydrate the skin or offer moisturizing benefits. This Castor Oil product has also been designed to solve skin problems and treat skin conditions like eczema.
Moreover, this product also helps in soothing acne and other irritation that may be brought about by conditions like razor bumps.
Besides offering skin related benefits, this product also helps in relieving you of sore muscles or muscle cramps.
Aside from all these, you can consume this product as well. It is safe to be taken internally. Moreover, this product can also be used as a heat pack. And of course, this product also helps to promote hair growth.
- Volume: 32 oz
If you are a supporter of cruelty free products, then this product may be right for you. This Castor Oil product does not test on animals. Moreover, this product is organic which makes it one of the most all-natural and premium castor oil products.
One of the features that made this product stand out for me is that it comes with several applicators depending on where and how you want to use it. Since Castor Oil promotes hair growth, it is typical that it is applied to brows and lashes.
The applicator kit comes with five applicators for the brows, another five for eyelashes, and a glass dropper.
Of course, aside from these, this product is hypoallergenic. It offers several hydrating benefits and is very rich in vitamins.
- Volume: 1 oz
How to Use Castor Oil
- For moisturizing purposes
- Step 1: Aside from castor oil, make sure you have other essential oils such as jojoba oil, olive oil or grape seed extract. Once you have these products, mix them with a quarter cup of castor oil.
- Step 2: Dip your finger or hands into the mixture you concocted and then massage the product onto your face or the areas you wish to moisturize. Spread the product in a gentle manner.
- Step 3: After finishing, just wipe off any excess product using a clean piece of fabric or towel. Do this in a very gentle dabbing motion.
- Step 4: Do not wash your face immediately. For best results, sleep it off and leave your face overnight with the oil on. This will allow for the treatment to really sink into your skin.
- Step 5: In the morning, rinse your face with clean warm water. Dry your face gently by patting your skin with a clean towel.
- For creating an efficient face mask
- Step 1: Make sure you have some eggs ready in your kitchen. For this step, you are going to need to crack an egg and to set aside the egg yolk. But first, you have to make sure your hands are clean enough by washing it with a soap and clean water.
- Step 2: Next, you may continue by cracking the egg above your hands. Catch the egg yolk and let the white slip onto the open spaces of your hands. Just make sure there is a bowl below your hands ready to catch the egg white.
- Step 3: Another bowl has to be ready. This bowl is where you will place the egg yolk you gathered with the use of your hands.
- Step 4: Now, you need to gather around one teaspoon of the castor oil and mix it with the egg yolk you set aside. Mix very thoroughly. This mixture will serve as your face mask.
- Step 5: Apply this to your face and leave it on for over fifteen minutes. Afterwards, cleanse your face well with soap and clean warm water.
- For protection against acne
- Step 1: It is common knowledge that you need to rinse your skin with warm water to open your pores. For the first step, this is exactly what you need to do. Opening of the pores will allow your skin to absorb the oil better.
- Step 2: Once, you have opened the pores of your skin by rinsing it with warm water, you may proceed to massage the oil and spread it onto your skin. For best results, leave it on for around 8 hours or overnight.
- Step 3: Rinse your face in the morning with clean water.
- For soothing pain caused by sunburn or chapped lips
- Step 1: Aside from castor oil, you are going to need coconut oil, as well. Just mix them together. Make sure you apply a one is to one proportionality when making the mixture.
- Step 2: After you create the mixture, apply the product gently onto the affected areas.
- For hydrating skin along the face and body
- Step 1: This one is fairly easy. You just need virgin coconut oil besides castor oil. Get a quarter cup of the castor oil and get a three-fourths cup of the virgin coconut oil. Mix them well together.
- Step 2: Apply them to your skin. This mixture ensures that your skin will be hydrated without the risk of clogging your pores.
- For treating acne or pimples
- Step 1: Make sure you have some cotton swabs ready at home.
- Step 2: Apply the castor oil onto your pimples with the use of cotton swabs in a gentle dab motion.
Types of Castor Oil
- Black Castor Oil
This type of castor oil is also called Jamaican black castor oil. The reason why it has a black color is because it has gone through a process of roasting before it has even gone through the process of extraction. Because of the burning process, black castor oil has a smell and contains more alkaline pH. Moreover, the burning process improves the oil’s benefits.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil
From the name itself, this type of castor oil goes through the process of hydrogenation. After the oil has gone through this process, the oil turns to wax. The castor oil in the form of a wax is mostly used in hair products or cosmetics. Sometimes, this type of castor oil is also used in ointments.
- Organic Castor Oil
Meanwhile, the organic castor oil uses a different method instead. It is extracted through a cold pressed method which allows the castor oil to retain the nutrients and other antioxidants while still getting rid of the chemicals in it. This type of castor oil is ideally the most pure and works best for skin care purposes.
For this review roundup, 2017’s best castor oil brand goes to Sky Organics. This Castor Oil product offers a multitude of benefits, not just for the skin but also for the hair and many others. With this product, it’s like you’re getting several in one. This Castor Oil allows you to hydrate and moisturize your skin, revitalize the hair, give lips a glow among many others. In fact, you can even use this Castor Oil as a laxative.